Saturday, 14 April 2012 05:27
Protection Parish Newsletter
Morris Pudney/Yulia McGregor (22/01/12)
Jevdenijevic/Natasha Yakubowsky (29/01/12)
Michael Psaltis/Jennifer Coleman (10/01/12)
Joshua Eveson/Anastasia Karipoff (12/01/12)
Laid to rest (Dec-March):
- A close to record attendance was registered at the working bee on 31 March: 60 people (record: 75 adults plus kids). In addition to the usual cleaning of church and hall (especially brass polishing) a massive amount of gardening work was done as well as some new works: concrete slab for additional hot water services, improvements to censer exhaust cupboard and others.
- After Easter there will be a price increase for buffet items. Piroshki will be $2.50 and soup $4.50. Tea and instant coffee will remain at $1.00 (includes refills).
- Tuesday April 3rd: the annual Unction service will be held at 6pm.
- Friday April 20th: the Victorian inter-parish Easter celebration.
- After Easter: Installation of the next two festal iconographic compositions on the northern upper wall. Also, installation of the "Firebird" feature in the hall. The bird has been ready since December but, due to technical/engineering issues, installation has been delayed.
Thanks to all who helped Head Sister Lubov Cowall prepare the Palm Sunday posies.
Last Updated on Saturday, 14 April 2012 05:58